Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dolls! Pink and White Version of the 21 inch 1950's Sweet Sue Doll Dress & Ballerina Business


This is the pink and white version of the 1950's Sweet Sue doll dress.


Ribbon sash with paper flower trim. The flowers are not flimsy at all.


Matching lace trimmed unders.


The complete set. I gathered up over 1 1/2 meters of voile to make the flounce on the bottom of the dress, which I wanted to be full and puffy, fifties style. The dress is for sale on Etsy and ebay.



Finally, here is the Peggy Nisbet doll posing with the fabrics that I am going to use to make a ballerina outfit for my 21 inch Sweet Sue doll. The photo has not shown up the colour of the satin very well; it is a subtle oyster colour, which will go well with the tulle. I am waiting on delivery of some doll size vintage flowers to trim the ballerina dress, which is what they often did on 1950's doll clothes.


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...