I have had the third cold in about three months, so my sewing has been slow. Here is my 1950's Sweet Sue doll modelling the ballerina dress that I am making her. I have just pinned it on her as I have not attached the skirt to the bodice yet. I love the effect of the 2 pieces of copper tulle over the satin skirt. I lined the bodice with a very soft tulle and had to understitch it to help the tulle stay on the inside.
This photo shows the bodice with the darts for shaping. Sweet Sue is holding a bunch of vintage flowers that I might use to decorate the bodice and the skirt. I got the pattern from DD's Doll Closet on Ebay.
This is the pattern that I have used. Like the dress, coat and hat, the fit has been excellent. The skirt on my version of the ballerina dress does not stick out as much as the one in the picture. I am considering attaching another piece of tulle underneath her satin skirt to puff it out a bit.
After I finish Sweet Sue's dress, I am thinking of making a winter and a summer top - for me!