I have been an absent blogger for a while, but here I am back with pics of my finished dressing gown, Butterick 5537. It is a hard colour to photograph, so these photos have been lightened slightly. I lengthened the gown by about 2 inches, and shortened the sleeves by lots! I am a smidge over 5 foot, so it is wonderful to get the sleeves the perfect length for me.
|Back view with visiting celebrity model "Bootsie".|
I had a little trouble with the front facing as it was loose all the way down the front. I stiched it by hand in three places, so it does not flop out while I am wearing it. I also top stitched the collar and the front.
I found a kind of overlocking/serger stitch on my Janome so I used it to sew the whole dressing gown (except of course the top stitching). It worked quite well and used up quite a bit of thread. I like this dressing gown pattern and would use it again.
|Overlocker/serger stitch on my Janome|
Happy sewing everyone!