Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dolls! Cute Wardrobe Pattern for 18 Inch Antique Style Dolls


I was searching through my extensive pattern stash for stretch top patterns when I spied this ensemble for dolls. This is the swimsuit from Vogue Craft pattern 7244 designed by Teresa Layman and released around 2000. At the time, I planned on making up one of these outfits for a German doll that belonged to my grandmother. In the end, we paid an expert to restore the doll (she was in pieces with raggy hair and no original clothes). It cost far more to restore her than what she is worth, but as it is a family heirloom, it was the right thing to do.

This is the party dress and a sailor suit style dress.


If one of my dolls thinks she needs a swimsuit, I have the pattern!

There has been a lot of buying of fabric and patterns and talking about what is going to be made here on Lizzie's Arty Crafty at the moment, but no sewing, except for cutting out a paper pattern. Not sure if that counts as sewing. I think I might be able to steal an hour or so of sewing time this weekend though, and still do some study, so wish me luck.

1 comment:

Tany said...

I'm glad the doll was restored, she looks wonderful, and it's a treasure to keep!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...