Monday, May 23, 2011

Dolls! Finished Outfit for Dianne's Original Ponytail Swirl Barbie

Modelling by my reproduction ponytail swirl Barbie
Here are the photos of the outfit that I have just made for my friend Dianne's original Ponytail Swirl Barbie that she had as a child. She still has the box, but not the clothes.

Close up of jacket


A day out in Paris!
I used patterns from the time when these Barbie dolls were made.

On the weekend, I was in the patchwork fabric store Drapers of Mt Macedon, and was lucky enough to meet the designer of the Ric Rac label, Jodie Carleton. Jodie was taking a workshop, and I wish I could have stayed. Wow, my first meeting with a real life designer! If you are out Gisborne way (which is in Victoria) any time soon, make a trip to the Drapers of Mt Macedon store as it is an Aladdin's cave of fabric delights.

Now I just have to think about my next project, and getting ready for my Blog Anniversary Competition coming up in July. Stay tuned...

Finally, but not in the least bit less important, I have a new follower this week; a talented knitter from France, Isabelle. I am a hopeless knitter, so I really appreciate what she does.

3 comments:

Tany said...

I am in awe, what a magnificent outfit for a lovely doll!!

Lizzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lizzie said...

Thanks Tany, it certainly is sewing on a small scale. I did everything on the sewing machine except for the neckline on the jacket - that was done by handsewing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...