Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dolls! New Hair for my Peggy Nisbet Doll

You might recall my post about my Peggy Nisbet dolls, and the outfit that I made for this one. She did not have any hair either, so I have now made her a mohair wig using the auburn colour from Stokesay Mohair Farm. You can just see the red ribbon that I used to make a hair band.

Here she is before her new hair-do.

 And here she is dancing away happily after her new hair-do.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dolls! Finished Painted Doll

Here is my finished doll that is painted completely with acrylic paints. I dropped a spot of water on her face when I was half way through painting it and all the colours that were already diluted ran, so I had to paint over it several times with flesh coloured paint and start again.

This is the final face, and I think I will glue some of the ribbon that I used for the tie as a necklace to hide the paint line.

Where I painted the top and pants, I liked the way the diluted acrylics ran into each other slightly .
I am currently sewing up the body for the second doll that I am going to paint next and hope to show that to you soon.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Dolls! Progress on Painted Doll

Here is my progress so far for my painted doll.

It is very cold here at the moment, so I gave her a pair of thick tights.

I am thinking of doing the hair in mohair, rather than painting it. This is the strawberry colour from Stokesay Mohair Farm. It is meant to be a painted doll, but this hair suits her very well.

I have to add some more detail to the body and do the face, but they certainly start to come 'alive' once you start to paint the features. I have added a ribbon tie to the doll so that it can be hung from a door handle.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...