Monday, December 24, 2012

Second Sue Kim Pencil Case, All Done


Here is the second pencil case I made using the Sue Kim pattern. Details about the pattern are here and the first pencil case I made is shown here. This one is for my niece.



The only 'gripe' I have about Sue Kim's book is that she does not give the seam allowances that should be used. I thought they were a 1/4 inch, but I think they were 5/8 ths of an inch. I am glad I got it wrong because these pencil cases are very small, so an extra half inch in the width is not a problem. It is a glorious book though, and I have had a 'zillion' compliments about the messenger bag that I made using the pattern from her book. And there are quite a few more I would like to try.

I have a new follower! Go and have a look at Maria's blog about the Spanish doll Chabel which was made in the 80's and 90's. She has a marvellous collection of these dolls and their accessories. I can't believe you could get so many things for these dolls. Just click on the google translate button to select English.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and happy sewing too!

Lizzie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...