Monday, January 28, 2013

Muumuu Style Top : Butterick 5356


When I looked at the pattern drawings for Butterick tops 5356, I did not immediately think Muumuu. But once I got up to attaching those frilled sleeves, I started to wonder if I had chosen the right style for me. Once I attached them and tried the top on, I thought that it was a very muumuu style, but what the heck I am going to wear it anyway. It will be lovely and cool on one of our Australian summer days.

Here are some more views:



Back View

I made the top in some cotton fabric I purchased from Clegs during one of their sales last year. It is a lovely quality except when I washed the fabric before making it up, I had to rinse it 5 times as the red dye ran like crazy. I have never in all my years of sewing and pre-washing fabric had something that ran as much as this stuff did.

This last photo shows the pattern cover and the fabric that I am planning to use to make up another version of the top. As this is a light Japanese voile bought during the Christmas sales at Spotlight, it might not look so Muumuu when I sew it up. As my sewing time is more limited than ever due to my further certificate IV studies for work, when I am pleased with how something works out, I like to make it up again straight away while the pattern pieces are out of the packet and the sewing steps are clear in my mind. I might try wearing this muumuu top first before I make it up again just to make sure the muumuu style suits me.


Thankyou to Bama for becoming a follower to my blog and leaving a comment. Bama has the most beautiful doll collection, so you really should go and have a look at her blog. Also, read about how she found her stray dog Pickle at a drive thru takeaway recently! It is a wonderful story of kindness.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...