Thursday, February 11, 2016

Dolls! Gypsy Outfit for the 18 Inch Gals

 
I started this little outfit sometime in the second half of last year, and got hopelessly distracted by life!  Anyway, now it is all finished and I am sure the 18 inch girls are fighting to see who is the first to wear it.  So far the American Girl and the Alexander Girl (Favorite Friends) have been the first to try it on. Both outfits are in my Etsy and Ebay stores.
 
 
 
It consists of a 100 percent pure wool felt vest decorated with braid, fringing and a facet cut plastic bead.  Underneath is a snowy white peasant vest and a little sash to hold it in place.  The outfit wouldn't be finished without a head scarf and this one has some sequins to really set the gypsy mood.
 

Who is that scary gypsy lady in the background?
 
 
 
I thought I had cleaned up a very adorable 1980's plastic baby doll recently, but when she was all dry and had finished at the hairdressers, I noticed her skin was very dirty.  I read on the internet about baking soda being able to shift the more stubborn in-ground dirt on plastic dolls, and so I mixed some with some vinegar and scrubbed at it with a soft scourer sponge.  It worked a treat and she looks healthy and pink now instead of a dull colour.  I am cutting out the fabric to make her an A-line dress and co-ordinating bloomers.  She is such a funny doll because she is obviously a baby but has the hair of a 3 year old!  I can't wait to show you the photos.
 
Hope you are happy doing doll things!

 
 
 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look so lovely, great job done! This style of clothes is very cute on your dolls :-).

Serenata said...

What a lovely colourful and fun outfit!

Lizzie said...

Thankyou both, I love colour and had fun putting these outfit together. I wasn't sure if it was all going to match but now it's done I like it.

AudraBark1 said...

I love the gypsy outfit! I don't think they have to match. Now some of my girls want to be gypsies.

Lizzie said...

Thanks Audra, gypsy outfits are fun to make and accessorize, i am sure your girls would look great in them!

عبده العمراوى said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...