Monday, November 14, 2011

New Project : Simplicity 2596 Top


Look! I am actually making something for myself, not the dolls! This is Simplicity 2596, aka the Top for Lisa's Wedding. This time I am making it in a kind of satin fabric that has a divine watercolour pattern on it. I am a sucker for these watercolour fabrics because that is my medium when I go to paint a picture.


The lighting was not too good in these photos, but it gives you an idea. All I need to do is sew up the side seams, insert the neckline facing and do the hems. I think I will just hem the sleeves rather than do the elastic finish.

Here is the version that I made for Lisa's wedding without the hems done, and then on me finished. I don't like myself in photos much, so you have copped the back view.




The weather is really starting to warm up here, so rather than make a jacket next, I think I will make a few more summer tops using mostly my tried and true patterns.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...