I have been looking at this fabric every time I went to Spotlight over the last 3 or so months, and finally gave in and bought some. It is polyester chiffon and is made in Australia. Here are some close ups of some of the flowers:
I am thinking of making this peasant style top without the centre front seam as I can easily get it over my head without this closure. I have made this top before in views B and A, but I will go with B I think so I can get the maximum effect from the fabric.
And here is view B made up in a light weight cotton:
I checked my copy of More Fabric Savvy by Sandra Betzina on tips for sewing chiffon, and I don't think it is going to be easy. I will just have to test it out on a scrap and hope it sews up okay with the right needle. I think I will start work on a black jacket that I want to make in cotton sateen first, so I will hopefully have pics of that to show you soon. I am planning on doing a toile to get the fit right. I am actually cleaning up my sewing room at the moment, which had got into a terrible mess with all of my paper work for the course I did at the start of the year. It had become a dumping ground for everything, and I was using my small sewing machine in the lounge room to do all my sewing.