Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fabric Free February Pledge


I am pledging to not buy any fabric in February 2012 as I have soooo much of the stuff. So you might ask, why have I chosen to show you a picture of fabric in this post? Well it is still January, and I have not been to Mary's shop in ages, so I thought I had better go before February. So I did, and this pic shows the results; 2 gorgeous floral print fabrics perfect for 1950's fashion doll dresses.

One of my fabric buying buddies at work just laughed at me when I said I was going to buy less fabric this year. And one of my sewing club friends is going to buy less this year as the coat cabinet she uses to store her fabrics in has never seen a coat!

Have a look at that nifty 9mm or 3/8 inch bias binding maker I got at Mary's as well. Very useful for making the narrow bias binding called for in this 20 inch 1950's fashion doll clothing pattern.


That cute green swimsuit and cape in the top right hand corner calls for loads of bias binding.

So wish me luck in keeping to my Fabric Free February pledge. I know I can do it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...