Sunday, October 3, 2010

Top for Lisa's Wedding, Simplicity 2596 Pictures

Ta da! I have some pictures of the finished top. The satin fabric was much easier to sew than I thought it would be. I expected the side and neckline seams were going to cause me trouble by puckering, but it was the hems that were the problem. The sleeve casings stretched somehow, which meant I had a terrible time folding in the amount of fabric required to insert the elastic. The hem was all uneven when I first sewed it, but a good press and letting it hang for a couple of days sorted this problem out. Here are some photos of me the morning after the wedding (without makeup too!). I was in such a rush to get ready on the day of the wedding, that I forgot to take photos.


I actually wore the top tucked in, but these photos show you how I arranged the design on the fabric.


These are the earrings I wore with it. They are a bit 80's, but the colours and sparkle were perfect, so I decided to go with them on the night. If you lived through the 80's once, you don't really want to do it again!

In all, I am very pleased with the top as it is something different from what I usually wear and it will go with a brown linen jacket that is on the list of things to make for summer. I can also wear it with a basic black suit for work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...