Monday, March 12, 2012

Butterick Peasant Top 4685 and the Grace Kelly Exhibition


This is my latest project; a peasant style top made up in Liberty Tana Lawn. I think the fabric name is Bailando Swenos. This photo is terrible - I tried taking it in two different locations, but turned out quite dark in both. The fabric is a dark kind of design, but there are some beautiful blue highlights which you can just make out in this photo:


This is a 'tried and true' pattern that I have made up twice already. I left out the lace around the neckline and just raised it about 1 inch. I just have the curved hem to finish.


Here is the front cover of the book they were selling at the Grace Kelly exhibition on at the Bendigo Art Gallery in regional Victoria which I went to this weekend. The exhibition was excellent, her clothes were breath taking and they were in excellent condition. They also had some of her jewellery, shoes, bags and hats on show. There was even a replica of her wedding dress. She appeared to maintain her petite size right up until her unfortunate early death. She must have loved silk as a lot of the outfits were made from it. If you are thinking of going, it is well worth attending in my opinion.

Here is the back cover:



Finally, I have a new follower this week; Lauren from Books Fashion and Tea. She writes a beautiful and thoughtful blog which you should check out.

I should have my Liberty top finished next week, and then I am planning to make the overalls for my 1940's teddy bear. Mum has nearly finished his jacket, so he will have a splendid outfit to make up for his sparse fur.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...