|Button and loop closure|
I think I will give myself a cheer for making it to the finishing line, because there were times when I thought it was not going to work out. I was doing a technique which was new to me, which was altering the front bust measurement. I used the technique in Jackets for Real People by Alto, Neall and Palmer. I experienced major procrastination because I was learning something new. I kept putting it off as I thought if I made a mistake, then all my efforts were for nothing. For this reason, I used a very cheap fabric so that I didn't mess up a good piece. I also did a rough calico to work out some of the fitting issues, and I am glad that I did.
I like the jacket, and here it is with the top I made for Lisa's wedding:
I think I will make up this jacket pattern again with a different front closure variation in the watercolour fabric.
Before I embark on this second jacket though, I am going to sew up the outfit for my 1950's doll. I have been doing some research, and have decided on this fabric combination and dress with matching capelet:
Here is a clearer view of the pattern:
I am doing the sleeveless dress on the bottom right. Don't you love those cute fashions! I will keep you all updated of my progress with this tiny project.
Finally, I would like to thank the talented and prolific blogger Tany for becoming my first Google Follower! She is the writer of 2 blogs and makes the most amazing clothes, so go and have a look at her site. As a 'new kid' in the world of blogs, I was so excited to get my first Follower.